About Mental Health First Aid:
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised, two-day training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill-health, including how to provide support on a first aid basis. Just like how physical first aid training doesn't teach you to be a paramedic, MHFA won't teach you to be a therapist or counsellor. Instead, it will provide you with the skills and confidence necessary to listen, reassure and respond to the concerns of others, even in a crisis. Learn more about the role of a Mental Health First Aider.
Delivered by a qualified MHFA instructor (accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health), learning takes place through a mixture of group activities, presentations and discussions; the aims of which are to teach you:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that affect wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental ill-health.
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- The knowledge to help guide others to appropriate support.
Upon completion of the two-day course, you will receive a Mental Health First Aid certificate from MHFA England.
Why Choose MINDFUL EMPLOYER?
As a provider of specialist workplace mental health services, we ensure that not only are our MHFA instructors qualified to deliver MHFA training, but that they also have a proven track record of working positively with people who have experience of mental ill-health. This enables us to provide you with high quality, professional training, whilst allowing for our instructors to further assist you in your learning by drawing on their wider experience to effectively, and appropriately answer any mental health related questions and/ or concerns that you or a colleague might have.
"Marie-Clare was amazing and made me feel so comfortable and at ease right away. I now feel more prepared for my role of Mental Health and Wellbeing Lead within my school. I thank MINDFUL EMPLOYER and MHFA England for this course and the information I have been provided."
- 8th June 2021
Other reasons to choose MINDFUL EMPLOYER include:
- Nationally recognised for workplace mental health.
- 15+ Years of dedicated service.
- 2,000+ Businesses supported.
Suitable for those aged 16 years or over, MINDFUL EMPLOYER offers you the opportunity to book yourself and/ or a colleague onto one of our upcoming 'open-house' sessions, or to book the full two-day course for a group of up to 16 employees.
* Please be advised that this course focuses on employees in the workplace and covers subjects that some people may find distressing, including suicide and self-harm. Should a delegate feel overwhelmed, they may leave the course at any time. However, if you feel that the subject may be too distressing for the delegate in advance, please do not book them onto a session without first speaking to the delegate.
The cost of bookings is £240.00 per person. For those employers looking to book a group session, and who are currently a Signatory of MINDFUL EMPLOYER's Charter for Employers Positive about Mental Health, a 5% discount will be applied.
To book yourself and/ or a colleague onto one of our upcoming 'open-house' sessions, please see the dates available below.
|16/08/21 - 17/08/21||Marie-Clare Gale||Online||Book Online|
|11/10/21 - 12/10/21||Marie-Clare Gale||Online||Book Online|
To book a group session for up to 16 members of staff, please get in touch with us to discuss this further.
HAVE A QUESTION?