About the Charter:
Unlike other accreditations or quality standards, the charter for ‘Employers Positive about Mental Health’ is about recognising those employers working towards better mental health in the workplace, no matter where they are in their journey. Signing the charter is completely voluntary and is not legally enforceable; nor does it require employers to have already met specific benchmark criteria. By signing the charter, employers are simply making a public declaration of their ambition to support the mental wellbeing of staff, by agreeing to the following values:
- To provide non-judgemental and proactive support to staff experiencing mental ill-health
- To not make assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work
- To be positive and enabling toward all employees and applicants with a mental health condition
- To support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace
- To ensure they are fair in the recruitment of new staff in accordance with the Equality Act (2010)
- To make it clear that people who have experienced mental ill-health will not be discriminated against, and that disclosure of a mental health conditions will enable both the employee and employer to assess and provide the right level of support or adjustment
By signing the charter, you will receive the following benefits:
- Personalised printed and digital copies of the charter to display in your premises
- Copies of the MINDFUL EMPLOYER logo to display on your website and/or other literature
- Recognition as a charter signatory through our website
- One free copy of our ‘Line Managers Resource’ and ‘Keeping Well at Work’ publications
- A 10% discount on printed publications, and 5% discount on all MINDFUL EMPLOYER training
- Eligibility to register for ; our independent and confidential advice line service
- Feedback and support on your organisation’s progress toward improving mental health
- Feedback and support with regards to your organisation’s progress toward improving the mental health of your staff every two years as part of our review process.
Reviews and Renewing the Charter:
Charter signatories are required to complete a review every two years. Although completion of the review is a requirement of the charter, the review process is not intended as an inspection, and as such, there are no ‘pass’ or ‘fail’ marks. Instead, the review is about self-assessment and has been designed to help you to reflect on current practice and policies. Not only does this help you to evidence the progress you are making, but through the review process we are able to provide your organisation with feedback on what you’re doing well, and offer support or advice around areas where you may be struggling.
* Please note that failure to complete the review will result in your organisation’s charter status being revoked. For more information, please read about our charter review and renewal process.
We request that those applying to join the charter pay an administration fee before they are registered as a signatory. This is not a subscription fee and as such, is only requested on applying to, or renewing the charter.
No. of Employees
|1||0 to 50||£50.00|
|2||51 to 250||£100.00|
|3||251 to 1,000||£150.00|
|Terms and Conditions:||